Information about volunteering below.
Since the start of this semester we:
- Ordered the fabric for the inflatable.
- Started with a group of 10 TU/e-students to determine and calculate the exact shape of the inflatable and the bridge.
- Planned our next preparation trip to Juuka for mid-October.
- Have our own internship (Liselotte, from Sint Lucas) for event management.
- Set up the collaboration with Summa College Eindhoven, for monitoring and measuring the inflatable.
- Planned the material tests, which will be done at the freezing cell of Eurofrigo BV.
- Know that there will be an ‘Innovation on Location – winter edition’ (for TU-students), taught by C. de Bruijn, more info soon.
- Have different groups of the University of Gent, KU Leuven and Aalto University, working on several parts of the Bridge in Ice and the Candela Pavilion in Ice (led by Bram Ronsse)
- Are preparing our Ice-stand at the Dutch Design Week, also for showing last year’s work.
- Raised our own commission by student association SUPport. They will have an active role in the project preparations.
- Are glad that there’s again so much enthusiasm and interest in our project.
Therefore we want to inform you about the following:
In a few days we will post more information about volunteering during construction Da Vinci’s Bridge in Ice. We’re working on a form on our website www.structuralice.com for subscribing as a volunteer.
Reserve one week (or more!!) between 28 December and 13 February (day of the opening) in your agenda, to help us realizing the world record. Prices will be € 350,- for one week (excluding travel costs (plane/bus), including food & lodging). Every extra week of your stay will be for free, so join us as long as you’re available!
Spread the word, we’re still looking for volunteers! Questions can be asked by sending an email to email@example.com !